About our school
Abercorn International School, an intimate, yet forward-thinking school offers a unique curriculum which combines the academic rigor and standards of the English National Curriculum, within the inquiry-based approach of the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate Organization.
As the most recent addition to its sister schools, The British International School of New York, established in 2010, and Abercorn School, London, established in 1987, Abercorn International School was founded to provide the greater Austin area with a high quality global education. Abercorn International School prides itself on being ambitious beyond its size, inspiring others to follow its lead in areas characterized by the vibrant and dynamic mix that is Austin.
- Technology rich – our classes are equipped with interactive Smartboards and students access both laptops and tablet devices to enhance learning opportunities, as well as experiencing the wonders of our 3D printer! A fully resourced STEM facility excites our students as they seamlessly integrate Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics to make meaningful connections across curriculum boundaries.
- Global perspective – students learn both Mandarin and Spanish as part of our commitment to understanding others through appreciation of language and culture. Our leadership and teachers collectively have experience spanning 4 continents, bringing a range of expertise and perspectives to the learning experiences in school.
- Meaningful Action – we believe that a fundamental outcome of learning for our students will be the ability to take appropriate action outside of the classroom. Our students are encouraged to apply what they have come to know, to use the skills that they have acquired and to exercise the power of critical thought and reflection to their own lives, and to those of their families, and the world beyond.
- Healthy living – our lunch program serves only the best quality food, nutritionally balanced and provided in a nut-free environment, encouraging students to develop healthy eating habits from the start.
- Natural environment – our students exercise sport on grounds which overlook a woodland reserve; the school building is flooded with natural light and each classroom has doors directly accessing outdoor areas to promote a positive learning environment
- Eco-friendly – Our recently installed solar panels, reflect our commitment to the planet and take full advantage of the Texas sunshine to provide for our electric consumption.